Thursday 8 March 2012

Introduction

Welcome to my music blog! I shall be using this as a vehicle for my musings, to tell you about the gigs I've seen and the music I've been listening to, together with some occasional stuff relating to art forms other than music.

I must apologise to Ian McNabb for partially appropriating the title from one of his songs with The Icicle Works: "Birds Fly (Whisper To A Scream)". In my opinion Ian is one of the most undervalued and overlooked songwriters that Britain has produced. I shall be adding an overview of his career in due course.

I hope you all enjoy what I churn out, and that you'll feel free to add comments, even if only to tell me I'm talking rubbish!

Mark Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Didn't McNabb appropriate the title from Elvis Costello, or Esther Phillips, or Allen Toussaint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - can't be denied! Didn't somebody once say though that talent borrows and genius steals?

      Cheers,

      Mark

      Delete